Care of Acrylic Picture Glazing
cleaning tips to help you enjoy your art for years to come
• Most damage to picture acrylics comes from improper cleaning.
• Always begin cleaning by blowing loose dust/dirt off the surface.
• Never use your hand, a dry cloth, or paper towels on acrylic.
• Household cleaners containing ammonia or alcohol will cause damage.
For safe cleaning:
• Dampen a soft, lint-free cloth with warm water or a mild solution of dish detergent and water to remove dust/dirt from the acrylic.
• We highly recommend finishing with an cleaning polish such as Novus #1 or Brillianize. Apply with a soft, lint-free cloth.