As you are all well-aware, commerce is quickly shifting to online. The result, of course, is significant increases in FedEx/ UPS shipments. This, in turn, is leading to increased theft of packages left at doors. Last year, 11 million U.S. consumers had packages stolen from their doorsteps.
While Design Aglow cannot be held liable for such incidents, we wanted to provide some ideas on how to protect your shipments:
• Have packages delivered to an office or retail location whenever possible. Never have a package delivered when you are out of town.
• Look around; often, drivers leave packages in inconspicuous locations to avoid theft.
• Check to see if it was taken in for safety by their neighbor.
• File a claim with the shipper (FedEx/UPS).
• Theft may be protected by your credit card agreement.